Monday, 1 October 2012

What else have I been doing?

Part of my assignment for one of the subjects I am doing this semester is to design a social networking site for a group of people who are not represented on the internet.

Ideally it should be in a library setting, however as I am not currently working in a library, this was not possible.  Instead I asked the subject coordinator if I could make a website for our spinning and weaving group.  I was allowed to go ahead with this idea.

The initial response from the group was total silence, and I was a bit dissapointed by the lack of comments, but I needed to remember that many of our members are not comfortable on the internet, or do not use it at all.  Those that do use the interent often were happy with the idea.

I loved doing this part of the assignment.  I had a lot of fun getting pictures from Pat, who does the monthly newsletter, and making the website look "pretty".  I did a bit of back blogging from the start of the year with the different tutorials that we had done as well.



So, it's offical the Doncaster and Templestowe Spinners and Weavers Group now have their own website.  Please pop along and have a look at all the wonderful things this amazing group of ladies are making.  I am in awe of these ladies, some who have been spinning for longer than I have been alive.  These women have such an amazing wealth of knowledge of their craft, that I can only dream of tapping into each month.

We also have a Ravelry Group and a Pinterest Page.  Please pop along and have a look, and feel free to follow or join us.

This part of the assessment has been terrific, I have really enjoyed the website design and imput.  Feedback has been positive from members who have had a chance to pop in and look around to see what can be achieved.

No comments: