Thursday 6 July 2006

Teacher Gifts

I made this quilt for Cameron's teacher this end of year (I can't get used to finishing school in July). Mrs Jackson taught Alexander last year, and Cameron this year. This quilt was a thank you for all the hard work she has done with the kids. Phil and I have been so impressed with the boys progress, and the boys have really enjoyed having Mrs Jackson as their teacher. I finished this quilt a few weeks ago, and had it ready to go. On Wednesday afternoon, I remembered that I had not made anything else for Alexander's teacher, Miss Shield, or for the 2 teacher's assistants, Mrs Sheppherd and Mrs Lembke. Thank goodness I can sew up a table runner really quickly. Wednesday night I sewed 2 and then Thursday morning I sewed the other 2. All stitched, ironed, wrapped, and was able to give these out to the teachers on Thursday afternoon! Phew! It has been hot and humid in Berlin the past few weeks. These 'Summer" table runners can be used inside or on the garden tables. I know my quilting friends will say "WOW, they are not colours Nicole normally works with", but I had these fabrics in my stash, and thought this would be a great way to use them. I think the colours work quite nicely...and the teachers loved them!

No comments: