Friday 11 January 2013

Quilt and table runners for our loungeroom.

After seeing lots of Scrappy Trips Around the World blocks and quilts, Pattern from Quiltville, on Instagram, I couldn't help but go through the stash and try the pattern out. So much fun, and easy to do.
I started off doing 3 table runners for the nesting tables in our loungeroom

 Then I thought, maybe I will just make a small quilt with the leftover fabric, rather than put it back on the shelf.  Enough fabric "left-over for a large quilt, that covers the 2 1/2 seater couch.  Cameron thought the blocks were great, and he wanted to put them together into a pattern.  So after laying it out on the floor and him playing with the blocks for 1/2 hour, this is what he came up with.  It is now his favourite quilt.
I didn't put any fabric back on the shelf, I used up some extra blocks on the backing as well!

No comments: