Monday 15 January 2007

Project Spectrum

From Lolly Girl, she runs Project Spectrum. A way of using up some stash with some colour guidance. This year she has chosen 3 colours every 2 months to make something in those colours. Lolly Girl is a knitter, but many people used the Project Spectrum for quilting, cross stitching, photography, card making and so much more. I have decided to use her colour themes, as inspiration to use up some of my stash. The colours for February/March are Blue, White and Grey (she says Gray, but I changed it to the correct spelling ;) ) Here is the beginning of my Project Spectrum quilt for Feb/Mar. Embarrassingly, I didn't even need to get any fabric from the shelves, I managed to find all the blues and white/creams I needed in my boxes of strips. This pattern is called Weed Whacker, from Quiltville on the internet  A no brainer pattern, where I don't have to think too much...so far so good, and only a little bit of unpicking where I must have dozed off and sewed the triangles to the wrong side on a few strips. 9" blocks equals a quick sew. At this rate, I may even get 2 quilts made for this period, and may even get to use some of the blue fabrics on my shelves....just need to find another simple pattern!

No comments: