Tuesday 13 November 2007

Socks #2 Child's French Child Sock

From Nancy Bush's book, Knitting Vintage Socks, New Twists on Classic Patterns. Page 57, Child's French Sock in Citron and Diaper Knitting. These socks knitted up really nicely, once I worked out how to do the pattern! 

The second sock seemed to knit up quicker, maybe because I could remember the sequence off by heart. I added extra pattern repeats for the length of the sock, but had to do 2 less pattern repeats for the length of the foot, because my feet are smaller that the pattern size. This is the first lace pattern I have ever attempted. There are a few mistakes in there, but nothing too noticeable (thank goodness for multi colour yarn. 

 The wool is Lana Grossa Meilenweit Cotton Fun and Stripes, Colour 353, on size 2.5 needles. The photo doesn't really show up the pattern well, but I love them! 

Next is a pair of children ribbed socks for Alexander, on size 3 needles, so they should knit up a bit quicker than these ones! Sock knitting is very addictive!

No comments: