Thursday 17 February 2011

Market Bags

When I got my Rowan subscription a few years ago, my free gift was 6 balls of Rowan Denim yarn and a pattern for a bag.
Blue...the only thing in my wardrobe that is blue is my jeans, so I was never going to make the cute little bag that came with the wool.  But, market bags were not out of the question. 

Earth-Friendly Shopper's Tote by Ellen Harvey.
Yarn: Rowan Denim
Needles: 4mm & 5.5mm
A really simple bag to knit, but it is a bit narrow.  So I think it is better for spring onions, bread, celery, and other long things.

Montavilla Market Tote by Kerin Dimeler-Laurence.
Yarn: Rowan Denim
Needles: 6.5mm, 5.5mm
I love the woven stitch for the base of this bag, and the double handles.
  Next time I make it I would make the lace pattern only about 9"..it stretches a lot!

The String Bag by Erin Vaughan.
Yarn: Rowan Denim
Needles: 4mm
This is my favourite bag of all of them. 
I love the circular base and the stitch is easy to knit up. I may adapt this bag with the handles of the Montavilla Bag for my next Market bag.
Aim: To use up 6 balls of Rowan Denim.
Outcome: Success, and 3 Market Bags for my fruit and vegies!

No comments: