Monday 26 June 2006

2 UFO quilts and a World Map panel quilt

YIPPEE here are the 2 quilts I finished this week. The green border on this fabric is great, but it was hard to stitch with, I kept going cross eyed! Those little nine patches are 2 1/2 inch squares, with 9 x 3/4" squares...what was I thinking?? I love the quilting on this with the multi coloured thread! This one is being donated as a raffle prize for school. We have our Summerfest (school fete) next Saturday. I was panicked that I would not get it finished in time, but yesterday I worked really hard on it! I love the backing of this one, a panel I bought back in Australia. As we are at an International School, I thought this was really appropriate. I quilted "in the ditch" on the front, and then just to add a personal touch, I quilted around the map of Australia! (it probably not easy to see in this picture...but I did it in yellow thread. Why not, it's my quilt! :)

No comments: