Saturday 26 May 2007

Knitted hats, bag and scarf

I have been doing a bit of knitting, and these are the projects I am working on. Hairy Hats, pattern from website below. http://www.headhuggers.org/patterns/kpatt10.htm These are for my mum, who is going through chemo treatment. The wool is very soft, and I hope they will keep her head warm...xxx I took these to Croatia, and knitted them beside the pool and on the beach! Left Over wool from the felt bag I am making (and extra wool, I am going to make a knitting needle holder that I saw in an English Knitting Magazie, called Knit Today. I get to throw this in the washing machine as well, ans felt it up. It is about 200 sttiches wide, and I just have to keep knitting rows. It is a big project, because the wool will shrink more in length than width. But it is a good project, because I don't have to think too much about it when I am knitting Some of the wool I bought from the Isle of Skye. This will be a shawl/scarf. Knitted on 15mm needles, 30 stitches wide, it knits up quickly, but the size 15 needles are bulky to use, but fun.

No comments: