Friday 27 January 2006

Stash Quilt #1

OK...so I started to go through the boxes of scraps of green and blue strips for the quilt I am working on. I thought I would go through the boxes and get as many strips that I could. Then I could attack the shelves and get some fat quarters out to cut up..... I needed 96 green strips 2 1/2 x 6 1/2" strips. 192 blue (same size)....I managed to get enough from just the strip boxes, and not even touch the fat quarters on the shelf.! :) And this is for a single size bed! What was I saying about too much fabric in a previous post? I managed to cut all the strips today, and 192 red connectors to sew to the blue strips. Over the day, I sewed all the strips together. Tonight when the boys are sleeping I will try and sew up the 6" blocks. Hopefully I will have 96 altogether. Then tomorrow, or Sunday I can play around with placements before I sew the top together! My photos came out in the wrong order....the second photo is all the strips cut, the second picture is all the red connectors sewn onto the blue strips.

No comments: