Friday 16 March 2007

Hobby Day at School

Sorry no photos. Mr Day took some video, I told him strictly only to video quilts, not me!
I had a 20 minute talk with the Year 3,4 and 5's to talk about quilting. I took in about 7 of my quilts, some of the designs on graph paper, and a sample of wadding. Alexander and one of the Year 5 boys helped hold up the quilts for me as I talked about them.
I talked about how I had been quilting for about 17 years, and how I went from a simple drawing from a sheet, to the final product. The kids asked some really great questions, and I really enjoyed talking about my quilts. One of the teachers later asked me if I would teach her to quilt, and she said some of the other teachers would be interested as well. So, I need to think about this one a bit more, and see how many would be really serious about it. Below is one of the quilts that I did take along with me. As a thank you gift, I was given a box of Quality Street Chocolates...yum! :)

No comments: