Saturday 16 June 2007

Patchworktage Berlin 2007

The German Patchwork Guild and Berlin Brandenburg Guild got together and organised the Quilt Show this year. Alexander and I went on Saturday (Cameron was at BJ's for a sleep over, and Phil was in Russia). A few great tables were set up for the kids to do some painting blocks to add to a paper quilt, paper cut out blocks, which Alexander enjoyed doing, and he learnt to felt. Lots of quilts to look at, and of course the shopping stands. I was very good and only bought a few pins for my pin board, and some beads for Sonia. Three panels about Berlin without walls.
A different medium for Berlin Bears.....polar bears featured on many blocks...the influence of Knut the Polar Bear in the Berlin Zoo. Marga's quilt I picked up a lot of business cards from different stalls to internet shop later on. There was also a lady there who owns a Gammil long arm, and I spoke to her at length about sending quilt tops to her to quilt for me (quilts that are too big and difficult to do on my domestic machine).

No comments: