Sunday 16 September 2007

Osnabrueck Nadel und Faden 2007

I took a train to Osnabrueck on Friday to a Needle and Quilt craft show on the weekend, about 3 hours west of Berlin, not far from Hannover and Dortmund.
It was a pretty town, these are the only photos I took of the town, because the rest of the time I was in the Stadthalle at the craft fair!

I swore I would never ever touch paper piece quilting in my life....but I sat down with Hilde and Liesel and sewed a few pentagons, and I am hooked.
http://www.liesels-ecke.de/
Well, I am not doing the traditional hexagon shapes, but these pentagons are terrific to work on. I have cut out a heap of shapes, and have started to take these down to the front gate, while I wait for the boys to get home on the school bus. I can sew about 8 while I wait.
A couple of cross stitch designs that I couldn't resist
Not a great photo, but shows you the beginning of an armband that I am making with beads. I did a 4 hour course on Saturday afternoon to learn how to do this technique. I did the whole thing in German, and surprised myself with how much I understood. This was lots of fun, and hope to get the armband finished before the end of 2007.
And enough beads to make all these bracelets....
There will be a few more bracelets to go...I ran out of beading thread...now to return to the beading shop, and only walk out of there with the thread (no chance)
(Note....I will not be wearing these all at once...I promise!)

No comments: