Thursday, 7 February 2008

Tagged

Thursday, 7 February 2008
Tagged
I have been tagged by Linda!
I have never done these tages, before, but will follow Linda's examples...cause I don't know what else to add....

THE RULES:
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.

So here are 7 things about me...

1. Mum has always tried her hand at different crafts. She tried to teach me to knit when I was little, but she is a left handed knitter, and didn't want me to be the same, so I would sit in front of her and watch. I started quilting when I was about 17 or 18 years old. I picked up a book and cut worked from that....it was years later before I did a course, and learnt lots of great tips. now I have picked up my knitting again, and learning how to knit socks, and do cool patterns, next I need to learn how to do cables properly. I love to do cross stitch, and it's what I enjoy doing when the kids go to bed (they say the sewing machine is too noisy). I have taught myself to "listen" to the TV, and stick my head up when something interesting happens...hubby has learnt to fill in the gaps when I miss the important storyline when I am stitching. One day, I hope to learn how to crochet.... I am willing to try almost any type of craft, and ne day I would like to get back into drawing....when more than 24 hours in a day has been invented!

2. The best thing to happen to me....
My family, the kids help keep my sense of humour, and "keeping it real"

3.I love living......
in Australia. As much as I have enjoyed my experience here....the "day to day" stuff can be lonely as an "expat wife". I am trying to fill my days....but I am an Aussie girl through and through!

4. I miss.....
Australia, and anything to do with Oz! I listen to Nova radio via the computer, and get my Aussie music, and traffic reports! LOL. I miss my family in Melbourne, girlfriends in Melbourne and Sydney. I also miss my 2 Nanna's and Great Nana, Brenda and others who has sadly left this world.

5. Pre children I was......
a trained teacher, but after having children of my own, I am less tolerant of "naughty" children...one of the teachers at the school says there are no naughty children, just children with challenges...well, I am not keen on challenging children either! Office work is what I did as we moved around the country...easier, leave work at the office, and anything that needs to be done after hours was on overtime pay! I am not sure what I want to do when I get back to Oz....

6. My favourite pastime besides quilting is....
reading, listening to music, knitting, Xstitch, beading, hopefully scrapbooking soon, and lately I am loving Facebook! I love making lists, and I make lists for almost everything I do...shopping lists, a list of book I have read from Jan - Dec, lists for UFO's, and the latest monthly lists on what I want to complete for each month..... Some people would say I am a bit obsessive compulsive, or a bit anal....I have to agree. I hate sitting doing nothing.....I doodle with pen and paper while I am on the phone. I keep my knitting in my handbag for when I am on the train, or waiting for the kids, in a playground anywhere. When I bought my new handbag, it had to be big enough to fit in a ball of wool and my needles!

7. My favourite colour is purple and yellow together.
I never know what to do with blue and green in a quilt, and have a huge pile of both colours, and just no idea how to use it! I love bright colours, stripes and black and white fabrics. My stomach churns at the sight of pastels in my stash! I love playing with colour waves in my quilting....as a kid I loved my 72 set of Derwent pencils, and they always had to be in the right colour order...not just stuck back anywhere!

Ok....now that you can see that I am losing the plot....it's now time for me to tag some other victims...I mean bloggers....

mmm....let's tag...
my new knitting friend, Kim,
another Aussie expat,Mel,
a Xstitcher who amazes me with how much she completes (and buys ;) ),Anne,
a brave stashbuster, Swooze,
an amazing quilter, Calico Cat,
a quilter who has the biggest stash of red fabrics I could ever imagine, Solvi,
a stitcher and knitter doing the expat round in Germany,Heidi

Good luck girls!

1 comment:

Mel in Dubai said...

Your blog has been awarded a Make My Day award :)

Thanks for letting me know I've been tagged too - will get onto that when I get a minute free over the weekend :)