Wednesday 20 February 2008

Quilting progress

just tops from my stash at the moment....next month I will quilt and bind them all(hopefully). Black and White and a touch of green...(the greens I had to buy this week, but the black and white fabrics I have been collecting for awhile) Pattern is Churn Dash. I love this pattern!

2 baby boy quilts, using that fabulous Disappearing Nine Patch method....all from stash (I love playing with this pattern too!) I cut up all my "ugly" fabrics, and am playing with these tumbler blocks....I am sewing these in between projects, when I am not sure what to do next. I have a huge basket full of them cut out. Instead of cutting the thread after I have sewn a block, I sew 2 tumbler blocks together, and snip the thread in between the blocks. This saves on thread, and I am sewing extra blocks for the next tumbler quilt! Lots of ideas for these Tumblers, that I have been playing with colour patterns on EQ5...stay tuned for more!

Here are 3 I am working on at the moment.

9 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Love the touch of green blocks.

Shelina said...

You certainly have been busy - lots of fun quilts. I especially like the green one. I look forward to seeing them all completed. I bought a template last week - unfortunately the tumbler was not one of those that were on sale.

Harmany Quilting said...

I love them all.

Quilter Kathy said...

Wow Nicole...you have been really busy!

Finn said...

Hi Nicole, I linked over from Amy's at Calico Cat! What fun quilts you have been creating from your stash!! I love the black, white green ones...a very novel way of combing those color. Such strong graphics are created.
And what fun you 'tumblers' are. I've made up that pattern just once, but might have to think about it again...they sure are pretty! Hugs, Finn

kimberly said...

Oh I love all your quilts!! I'm so sorry I haven't been around, life is really crazy right now. I would love to see those quilts in person and just pet the pertiness. ;) Alida is looking at them right now and loves them too. Hugs from your friend down the street who would really like to meet again soon.

Chookyblue...... said...

like the black, white and green quilt......

Anonymous said...

I like your black and green quilt very much.
Great colours together.
Greetings.

Susan Freebery said...

First, you put us all to shame. Second, you quilt these by hand??? Oh, my, you are wonder woman. What vitamins are you taking?